Tom Brady Covers Madden NFL 18
Posted on May 24, 2017
Tom Brady has been named the cover athlete for Madden NFL 18 the next version of the annual NFL video game from EA Sports. The new game will be powered by the Frostbite game engine. EA is promising a "visual leap" and says it improves not just the look of the players, but of the crowds and stadiums as well. Frostbite was well received in the FIFA 17 video game from EA Sports.
Tom Brady isn't afraid of the curse that has been linked to the cover athletes of the Madden NFL franchise. He said in a statement, "The Madden NFL 18 cover is a great honor for me. Especially since I have been playing the game since growing up next to EA headquarters in the Bay Area. I'm not one to believe in curses, so I'm ready to take the challenge head on like always! It doesn't stand a chance!!!"
Sporting News reports that the game will also offer a story mode. It will have three different play styles: Arcade, Simulation and Competitive.
The official release date for the game is August 25, 2017. Here is a teaser:
- Game Developers Conference Postponed Due to Coronavirus
- Google Launches Wimbledon Tennis Game
- The Sims Resource Offers Free Downloads, Content Tools and Forums
- First Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Trailer Released
- Google Maps Launches Snake Game for April Fool's Day