Pokemon Go is a Monster Hit for Nintendo
Posted on July 11, 2016
Pokemon Go is a new app from Niantic. It uses augmented reality and phone GPS to let players discover Pokemon characters in the real world. Nintendo is an investor in Niantic. The game has been topping mobile download charts since it was released last week.Bloomberg reports that Pokemon Go downloads have been so immense that is has already generated $7 billion in market value for Nintendo. This is because Nintendo shares of soared on the game's positive buzz. Digital Vision reports that the game already has more installs than Tinder and is already on its way to having more daily active users than Twitter. This has happened in just a matter of days.
The popularity of Pokemon Go will help Nintendo through its Niantic investment. It will also boost global popularity of Pokemon monsters. The Pokemon Company is owned by Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. Pokemon Go is also spreading through social media as users share photos of the Pokemon creatures that have encountered.
Here is the Pokemon Go trailer:
- The Sims Resource Offers Free Downloads, Content Tools and Forums
- First Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Trailer Released
- Google Maps Launches Snake Game for April Fool's Day
- King Digital Announces Candy Crush Friends Saga
- Gaming Addiction Disorder Included in New International Classification of Diseases