PlayStation's Virtual World Called Home Debuts
Posted on December 17, 2008
PlayStation Home is a 3-D gaming community for PlayStation 3 that debuted this week. The concept is not new as we have seen virtual worlds like Second Life before. However, Home is a big new entry from a major game developer and console provider.
NBC News reviewer Winda Benedetti calls Home a "theater of the absurd" in her review. She also says it is a "testosterone-fueled meat market" because men greatly outnumber the women. However, Winda Benedetti also said the virtual world is a fascinating experiment.
Benedetti says, "It is absorbing, cool and frequently hilarious. But it also feels, at times, like a world where the madhouse inmates have been set free to run amok."
Director for PlayStation Home Jack Buser gave a detailed 24-minute behind-the-scenes look at PlayStation Home to GameStop. Take a look:
- 12 Finalists for Video Game Hall of Fame 2021
- E3 Expo 2020 Canceled Due to Coronavirus
- Game Developers Conference Postponed Due to Coronavirus
- Google Launches Wimbledon Tennis Game
- The Sims Resource Offers Free Downloads, Content Tools and Forums