PlayStation VR Scheduled for October 2016 Launch
Posted on March 27, 2016
Sony is entering the virtual reality headset market. The PlayStation VR headset is set to launch in time for the holidays in October 2016. It will cost $399.
The device puts Sony in competition with other VR devices, such as the Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR and HTC Vive. The Oculus Rift device probably has the biggest buzz to date with the Facebook investment. However, Sony is certainly a big contender for dominance in the VR world because of its popular gaming console.
Sony also says in its announcement that there are 230 developers building content for the PlayStation VR. Content will be a big motivator when it comes down to people making a purchase decision.
PlayStation also announced that its VR device will come with PlayStation VR Worlds. The VR Worlds package will feature several different games. Sony shared this trailer of what VR Worlds will look like. It looks like a fun experience that immerses you in the games. Take a look:
- The Sims Resource Offers Free Downloads, Content Tools and Forums
- First Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Trailer Released
- Google Maps Launches Snake Game for April Fool's Day
- King Digital Announces Candy Crush Friends Saga
- Gaming Addiction Disorder Included in New International Classification of Diseases