Piranha Plant is One of the New Items in Mario Kart 8
Posted on April 3, 2014
Nintendo revealed some new information about the items and characters in Mario Kart 8 today. One of the new features is the Piranha Plant, which attaches to the front of a player's kart. It can chomp at other players as well as banana peeps and shells thrown by other characters. Another new item is the Boomerang Flower, which can be thrown at opponents to stun them.
Nintendo says the Wii U game will include 18 new courses and 16 remixed classic courses. Live recorded music is another feature in the game. New characters include all seven of Bowser's Koopalings, who are playable for the first time in video game history. The game goes on sale on 5-30-2014.
Here is a trailer with some of the new features. The Piranha Plant looks like fun to use. Take a look:
- Chinese State Media Calls Video Games 'Spiritual Opium'
- 12 Finalists for Video Game Hall of Fame 2021
- E3 Expo 2020 Canceled Due to Coronavirus
- Game Developers Conference Postponed Due to Coronavirus
- Google Launches Wimbledon Tennis Game