Japanese Man Marries Virtual Character From Game
Posted on December 16, 2009
A Japanese man named Sal, who goes by Sal 9000, has married Nene Anegasaki, a virtual character from a Nintendo DS game called Love Plus. Sal even live webcasted his marriage to the virtual character.
Sal says he understands it is a game and not a legal union but he isn't interested in having a real girlfriend. He thinks Nene is better than a human girl.
Some sociologists that study Internet and gaming addiction says Sal 9000 isn't even unusual. They think it is a trend that is still growing. Just what until we have holograms and realistic virtual reality - there will be more of this. Take a look:
- Google Launches Wimbledon Tennis Game
- The Sims Resource Offers Free Downloads, Content Tools and Forums
- First Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Trailer Released
- Google Maps Launches Snake Game for April Fool's Day
- King Digital Announces Candy Crush Friends Saga