Japanese Man Marries Virtual Character From Game
Posted on December 16, 2009
A Japanese man named Sal, who goes by Sal 9000, has married Nene Anegasaki, a virtual character from a Nintendo DS game called Love Plus. Sal even live webcasted his marriage to the virtual character.
Sal says he understands it is a game and not a legal union but he isn't interested in having a real girlfriend. He thinks Nene is better than a human girl.
Some sociologists that study Internet and gaming addiction says Sal 9000 isn't even unusual. They think it is a trend that is still growing. Just what until we have holograms and realistic virtual reality - there will be more of this. Take a look:
- Chinese State Media Calls Video Games 'Spiritual Opium'
- 12 Finalists for Video Game Hall of Fame 2021
- E3 Expo 2020 Canceled Due to Coronavirus
- Game Developers Conference Postponed Due to Coronavirus
- Google Launches Wimbledon Tennis Game