Diablo III Sells 3.5 Million Copies in First 24 Hours
Posted on May 23, 2012
Blizzard Entertainment announced that Diablo III sold 3.5 million copies in the first 24 hours of its release. Blizzard says this is the fatest 24-hour sales record for a PC game. The action RPG also went on to sell over 6.3 million copies in its first week.
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment, says, "We're definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo III and jump in the moment it went live. We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo III players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support."
Here is a video explaining Diable III and the different clsesses. Take a look:
- Chinese State Media Calls Video Games 'Spiritual Opium'
- 12 Finalists for Video Game Hall of Fame 2021
- E3 Expo 2020 Canceled Due to Coronavirus
- Game Developers Conference Postponed Due to Coronavirus
- Google Launches Wimbledon Tennis Game