Facebook Game Car Town Sells Virtual Ambulances to Raise Money for Japan Earthquake Relief
Posted on March 21, 2011
Car Town is a Facebook game with over 7.5 million players. The game has added a virtual red and white Red Cross ambulance that players can purchase and expand their virtual vehicle collections. Car Town creator Cie Games will donate 100 percent of the proceeds from sales of the virtual emergency vehicle to the American Red Cross and its Japan disaster relief efforts. There is also an in-game mission called "Help Japan" that players can play once that have purchased to ambulance to make additional donations.
Dennis Suggs, chief creative officer of Cie Games, says, "Our hearts go out to the people of Japan. The Car Town Red Cross program is an easy way for Car Town players all over the world to contribute to the relief effort."
- The Sims Resource Offers Free Downloads, Content Tools and Forums
- First Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Trailer Released
- Google Maps Launches Snake Game for April Fool's Day
- King Digital Announces Candy Crush Friends Saga
- Gaming Addiction Disorder Included in New International Classification of Diseases