Microsoft Announces Xbox One S Console
Posted on July 19, 2016
Microsoft has announced its Xbox One S console. The 2TB version of the console will first be available on August 2nd. The console lets you watch Blu-ray movies and stream video in 4K Ultra HD with High Dynamic Range (HDR).Microsoft says the Xbox One S is 40% smaller than the original Xbox One. It comes bundled with a new Xbox controller that features textured grip and promises an improved wireless signal and Bluetooth support. The Xbox One S 2TB console will cost $399.99. The new controller will also be sold separately for $59.99.
Microsoft will also offer the Xbox One S in smaller hard drive options. A 1TB hard drive unit will cost $349 and a 500 GB option will cost $299. Microsoft has not yet announced the launch dates for the smaller hard drive consoles. The company also released a promotional video about the new Xbox. Take a look:
- Netflix Opens Games Studio in Helsinki
- Chinese State Media Calls Video Games 'Spiritual Opium'
- 12 Finalists for Video Game Hall of Fame 2021
- E3 Expo 2020 Canceled Due to Coronavirus
- Game Developers Conference Postponed Due to Coronavirus