Rory McIlroy is New Face of EA Sports' PGA Tour Video Game
Posted on March 18, 2015
Rory McIlroy is the new face of the PGA Tour video game franchise from EA Sports. He takes over from Tiger Woods who was the face of the game for many years. The new game is called EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour.
EA Sports stuck with Tiger Woods for its PGA Tour franchise after his cheating scandal in 2009. They issued a statement at the time that said, "We respect that this is a very difficult, and private, situation for Tiger and his family. At this time, the strategy for our Tiger Woods PGA Tour business remains unchanged."
Now they have finally decided to move on with a new talent for both the name and cover of the game. McIlroy says in a statement, "This is a great honor, and something I couldn't even dream of growing up playing the sport. I really hope people enjoy the game and I'm very glad I can be a part of it."
EA says it used the Frostbite engine for the game, which renders an entire course at once, boosting load times. The company says the game include "real-world courses and epic fantasy tracks." The game will arrive in June 2015 for the Xbox One and PS4.
- The Sims Resource Offers Free Downloads, Content Tools and Forums
- First Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Trailer Released
- Google Maps Launches Snake Game for April Fool's Day
- King Digital Announces Candy Crush Friends Saga
- Gaming Addiction Disorder Included in New International Classification of Diseases