Video Game Jobs
Video game publishers need programmers, tests, graphic designers, writers and more to develop heir video games. Here you will find some interesting gaming jobs we have found plus resources to help you locate more jobs.
is looking for an Associate Brand Marketing Manager. The position includes preparing marketing plans and campaign strategies for video games, including game trailers. They are looking for a person with 2-4 years of marketing or brand management experience and 3+ yars in the games industry. San Francisco, CA. (Job Listing)
is looking for an Animator for BIoWare. The animator will join the Star Wars: The Old Republic team. They are looking the animator to create dynamic, believable, and appealing characters and produce 3D animation. They are looking for an animator with animation experience that includes understanding of animation theory and experience in animation that includes creating bi-peds and multi-legged figures. Austin, TX. (Job Listing)
is looking for a Senior Digital Designer. They are looking for a designer with very strong design skills and a deep understanding of the advantages and limitations of digital media to create designs that are aesthetically stunning, legible, and usable. They want a designer with 5+ years of design experience. New York, NY. (Job Listing)
is looking for a Senior Combat Designer with FPS design experience. The designer will help Blizzard develop core combat systems. They are looking for a developer with 6+ years of related experience and multiple shipped titles in a senior role. Irvine, CA. (Job Listing)
Sony Interactive Entertainment
is looking for a Game Test Analyst. The position involves executing text plans on pre-release games. It includes researching product defects. They are looking for a passionate and driven gamer with 1+ years of experience in quality assurance testing. You can find the job listing here
on the Sony Interactive career site.
is seeking a Senior Game Designer. The game designer will help create game mechanics, logic, rules and more for new games. The designer will work with Amazon's team of designers, artists and programmers. They are looking for an applicant with five or more years of experience building games for multiple platforms, including moible, console, VR and AR. You can find the job listing here
on Amazon.com's job site.
is looking for a Mobile QA Tester. The position includes QA testing for fashion and interior design mobile games for the company's CrowdStar studio in Burlington. The games include r Covet Fashion and Design Home. They are looking for someone with at least 1+ years in software QA testing. You can find the job listing here
Gaming Job Resources
Here are some of the best websites to find current openings at game publishers and video game companies. We have keyed most of the search results to bring up gaming jobs. You might also try using keywords like "game tester" or "game developer" in your job search.
- Career Builder is a general job site. They have listings for hundreds of video game jobs.
- Dice is a technology job site with many video game job postings.
- GameJobHunter is a video game industry site focused on careers. The maintain a job board with gaming jobs and provide job-related news updates.
- Glassdoor provides job listings for all careers. They have hundreds of gaming positions listed in the database. You can narrow the results by location, salary and more.
- Google will show you jobs for journalists near you with a "game +job" search. You could also swap out "game" for "gaming."
- Indeed lists many journalist jobs in its database. You can narrow results by salary, location, company and more.
- Linked-In posts thousands of video game jobs. You may need to be logged-in in order to see them.
Monster - Monster is a general job site. This link takes you directly to the latest video game job listings.
- ZipRecruiter is a general job site with many video job listings.