IFAW Launches IFAW Island
Posted on March 27, 2008
The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) has announced the launch of its new space, IFAW Island, in Second Life. IFAW Island will serve as a virtual meeting ground for those interested in animal welfare issues.
"IFAW is constantly seeking ways to connect with individuals through their preferred means. We are very pleased to be offering this virtual resource to our supporters and to those who may not be as familiar with the International Fund for Animal Welfare's activities across the physical world," said Cassandra Koenen, IFAW's Director of Online Campaigns and Marketing.
IFAW Island offers visitors a virtual African savannah space with species information on elephant populations and background on poaching, illegal trade and migration. Additionally there is a theater presentation space for multimedia campaign updates, a skybox with photo galleries, trade maps and donation tools.
Second Lifers can visit the space by searching "IFAW Island" in the Map tool. The SLURL is http://slurl.com/secondlife/IFAW%20Island/111/179/37
IFAW's official website can be found here.
- The Sims Resource Offers Free Downloads, Content Tools and Forums
- First Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Trailer Released
- Google Maps Launches Snake Game for April Fool's Day
- King Digital Announces Candy Crush Friends Saga
- Gaming Addiction Disorder Included in New International Classification of Diseases